In its 10th Year, Leading Marketing and Sales Intelligence Provider Accelerates Already Aggressive Growth Trajectory
DiscoverOrg announced its 2017 results, surpassing all growth projections during its 10th anniversary year. The industry-leading B2B sales and marketing data provider exceeded its 2017 growth plan for revenue, data, employees, and profitability – and integrated the DiscoverOrg and RainKing businesses faster than anticipated.
2017 highlights include:
- Annual recurring revenue of over $130 Million
- 124% growth of the DiscoverOrg dataset and 127% growth of the RainKing dataset over the last 12 months
- 50% growth in total employees: the company now has more than 500 employees based across 3 US offices in Vancouver, Bethesda, and Philadelphia
- 24% growth in total customers; currently, more than 4,000 unique organizations leverage the DiscoverOrg and RainKing platforms across the globe
These results underscore the reality that, more than ever, sales and marketing professionals are investing in high-quality data and insights that enable them to quickly zero in on their target buyers with the right message at the right time.
“After the acquisition of RainKing in August 2017, we made a commitment to our combined customer base that they would be able to access more high-quality data as we brought the businesses together,” said Henry Schuck, DiscoverOrg CEO. “In the five months since the acquisition, we more than doubled the datasets our customers access. This phenomenal increase means that our customers are more effective at finding, connecting, and selling to their target buyers.”
DiscoverOrg’s growth in 2017 is a result of much more than the RainKing acquisition. Over the past 12 months, the company aggressively focused on:
- Rapid advancements to the company’s proprietary technology, tools, and integrations that feed the data gathering and cleansing engine – accelerating the organization’s ability to both grow the dataset faster than ever and maintain the highest data accuracy in the market;
- The launch of new datasets for fast growing target markets including SMB, HR, and Legal and Compliance – resulting in a larger addressable target market for DiscoverOrg and a more diversified customer base; and
- Delivering an unparalleled customer experience, including an expanded customer success team, brand new customer training and certification programs, and major innovations across both platforms that significantly improve ease of use
“We repeatedly hear from sales and marketing organizations that the overwhelming abundance of data available today— mostly low-quality and unverified—actually makes it harder for them to do their job effectively,” said Katie Bullard, DiscoverOrg Chief Growth Officer. “We have focused on delivering both the right data and the right tools to make sense of that data in a simple and practical package. The result is that our customers get to market faster, build more pipeline, and close deals more often than their competitors.”