Cision Launches Article-Level Data, Allowing Communicators To Further Understand How Audiences Consume Earned Media
The new capability is available as part of Cision Impact in the Next Generation Communications Cloud
Cision, announced significant improvements to their industry leading Impact solutions. The new features allow granular reporting of true-reach at an individual article-level, enabling communicators to better identify journalists and publications, craft more relevant stories, conduct market research, and measure their efforts using the same performance benchmarks as owned and paid media. The data- which is available for millions of publications- is now included in Cision Impact, Cision’s industry-leading audience and attribution technology.
Marketing Technology News: REaD Group Acquires UK Changes’ Assets
Article-level data, which builds on exclusive audience and attribution technology, enables communicators to precisely understand which journalists and publications perform best with their target audiences. By combining article readership with audience demographic, firmographic, and engagement data, communicators can adopt a data-driven, systematic approach to their PR and comms functions.
“Cision continues to add unique and innovative new solutions to our award-winning end-to-end communications platform. Cision Impact article-level audience data helps PR professionals to build a more effective media strategy and measure earned media success,” said Brendon O’Donovan, Head of Global Product Marketing at Cision. “From targeting journalists and crafting campaigns to measuring pickup and coverage, article-level data can be leveraged at every stage of the communications workflow, and we’re thrilled to provide this new offering to our customers.”
Marketing Technology News: Acoustic Recognized as a Multichannel Marketing Hubs Leader by Gartner
Cision’s article-level viewership data provides:
- Data-Driven Outreach: Focus efforts on the journalists who move the needle. Understand which publications, journalists, and articles drive the largest readership to inform media relations strategies.
- Competitive Intelligence: Track competitors’ earned media coverage, and understand their audiences, the journalists that influence them, and benchmark against their performance. Gain valuable insights into the efficacy of their earned media campaigns and use your competitors’ strengths to your advantage.
- Industry Analysis: Discover new ways to engage your industry. Research key topics and monitor industry trends. Identify emerging journalists and prominent publications to better understand your industry’s sphere of influence.
- Content Performance: Rely on validated viewership data and finally retire UVPM and potential reach. Demonstrate validated article reach, benchmark message resonance, and optimize earned media campaigns.
- Crisis Mitigation: Accurately evaluate risk. Identify the most influential voices during a crisis to quickly gauge, react, and lessen the harm.
Marketing Technology News: MERGE Earns Sitecore Platinum Partner Status, Invitation to Sitecore Partner Advisory Council Group