Juniper Networks Builds Secure, Automated and Cloud-enabled Network Infrastructure With Telefónica UK
Telefónica Fusión Project Expands to the UK Under Digital Transformation Remit Ahead of New Feature-Rich Mobile Services
Juniper Networks, a leader in secure, AI-driven networks, announced the first phase of Telefónica UK’s successful services migration to the Telefónica UK Fusión Network, a brand new infrastructure for which Juniper Networks is the strategic IP network provider.
Juniper Networks and Telefónica designed the Fusión Network to transform the customer experience for mobile, residential and business services globally. This initiative has previously been implemented by the Telefónica Group in other regions around the world and has evolved over the years, including a recent upgrade in Spain to support the evolution to 5G. Similarly, this project with Telefónica UK combines legacy networks into a single, new IP network that is more efficient, flexible and automated, paving the way for the rollout of Telefónica UK’s 5G services.
Marketing Technology News: Slidetown Launched to Integrate Powerful Storytelling for Presentations That Engage and Persuade
To accomplish the evolution of its Fusión Network, TelefónicaUK is investing in a range of Juniper solutions, comprised of:
- Juniper Networks® PTX Series Packet Transport Routers (PTX10008), MX Series 5G Universal Routing Platform (MX2008, MX2010 and MX2020)
- Junos Fusion Edge, Junos Node Slicing virtualization and Juniper’s Automation Framework
- Professional Services from Juniper Networks to support the migration of the existing networks, as well as installation and maintenance
Marketing Technology News: Tsū, the Social Media Platform that Hooked Millions, Set to Relaunch
This deployment is expected to provide a host of benefits to Telefónica UK, focused on:
- Reducing complexity of the network, delivering increased flexibility and efficiency in the management of the infrastructure and the creation of new services
- Simplified operations and more agile service delivery, enabling the company to provide shorter time-to-market for new services, such as IoT, to customers
- Enhanced security to meet growing user expectations on network uptime and a widening threat landscape, including providing enhanced visibility to ensure regulatory compliance and customer data protection
Marketing Technology News: The Gen Z Effect: NCS and Snapchat Quantify Gen Z’s Influence on Household CPG Purchases