Annual Technology Conference Ushers in the Autonomous Future
Oracle OpenWorld — Oracle welcomes more than 60,000 customers and partners from 175 countries and 19 million virtual attendees to Oracle OpenWorld 2018, the world’s most innovative cloud technology conference.
At the annual event, Oracle Executive Chairman of the Board and Chief Technology Officer Larry Ellison will talk about the latest-and-greatest technologies being incorporated into Oracle’s next-generation cloud that will make data an even more valuable asset across industries. Throughout the week, he and Oracle CEO Mark Hurd will take the stage alongside some of the biggest brands in business, including AT&T Business, Cisco, and Cummins. Oracle Chief Corporate Architect Edward Screven will join Mark Hurd to discuss the role of security and privacy in today’s globalized society, along with former Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and the National Security Agency (NSA) Michael Hayden; former Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson; and former Chief of the British Secret Intelligence Service Sir John Scarlett.
A powerful group of high-profile thought leaders and futurists – spanning business, technology, politics, science, sports and media – will headline Oracle OpenWorld 2018. Featured speakers include Brian Greene, physicist and co-founder of the World Science Festival; futurist Sophie Hackford, CEO of 1715 Labs; Nely Galán, Producer and former President of Entertainment for Telemundo; and Dr. Rand Hindi, CEO of Snips. Rick Welts, President and Chief Operating Officer for the Golden State Warriors, will speak at this year’s Inclusive Leadership event to discuss diversity and equality in today’s digital age. Senator Barbara Boxer and former Speaker of the House of Representatives John Boehner, among other politicians and business influencers, will share their perspectives at Oracle Leaders Circle, an exclusive event at Oracle OpenWorld for top executives.
“Oracle OpenWorld 2018 delivers a world-class conference experience that immerses attendees in the future of cloud, artificial intelligence, and other emerging technologies,” said Tania Weidick, Oracle Vice President of Event Marketing. “Everything about the event – from creative programming to luminary speakers – is designed to promote new ideas and collaboration, as well as best position our customers and partners for success. This year’s event will continue our 20-plus year legacy in San Francisco, contributing $195 million in positive economic impact to the city.”
The company also announced Oracle Code One, a new expanded conference at Oracle OpenWorld. Oracle Code One offers an opportunity to learn about new innovations in Java and emerging technologies, as well as access hands-on labs for building applications using these technologies on Oracle Cloud.
Oracle OpenWorld 2018, which runs October 22-25 at the Moscone Center and other downtown venues, will feature thousands of sessions and speakers, as well as hundreds of demos and case studies to showcase unique ways that Oracle Cloud and emerging technologies like AI, Machine Learning, Blockchain, IoT, Human Interfaces and Oracle Autonomous Database are driving new business models and creating new business value.
To Learn, Connect and Play
- Monday, 1:45 – 3:00 p.m. – Oracle Executive Chairman and Chief Technology Officer Larry Ellison leads with the latest thinking on an autonomous future.
- Tuesday, 9:00 – 10:30 a.m. – Oracle CEO Mark Hurd leads discussions on innovation and cloud growth with leaders from top Oracle customers including Thaddeus Arroyo, CEO, AT&T Business; Sherry Aaholm, Chief Information Officer, Cummins Inc.; and Navindra Yadav, Founder, Tetration Analytics.
- Wednesday, 9:00 – 10:30 a.m. – Mark Hurd joins Oracle’s Chief Corporate Architect Edward Screven, as well as the Former Director of the CIA and NSA General Michael Hayden, Former Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson, and Former Chief of the British Secret Intelligence Service Sir John Scarlett.
- Wednesday, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. – Larry Ellison returns to the mainstage to discuss the future of Oracle Cloud.
- Sessions: Choose from over 2,371 sessions presented by 2,641 customer, partner, and Oracle speakers, 385 Oracle demos and case studies featuring emerging technologies, as well as hundreds of partner and customer exhibitions.
- Oracle Leaders Circle: An invite-only executive event will feature presentations by bestselling author and geopolitical expert Robert D. Kaplan, as well as PwC Chief Client Officer Amity Millhiser, Deloitte Global Managing Principal of Consulting Jason Girzadas, Oracle CEO Safra Catz, Senator Barbara Boxer and former Speaker of the House of Representatives, John Boehner.
- Inclusive Leadership: Hosted by Oracle Women’s Leadership (OWL) and Oracle Diversity & Inclusion, this year’s event brings together leaders from diverse fields to discuss the business impact and value of inclusive behaviors in the digital age. Speakers include Nely Galán, Producer and former President of Entertainment for Telemundo, and Rick Welts, President and Chief Operating Officer for the Golden State Warriors.
- The Developer Exchange: At Oracle Code One in Moscone West, the Developer Exchange is ground zero for all-things developer, including the Groundbreakers Hub, which will feature cutting-edge demonstrations:
- Blockchain Beer: Test out beers brewed using Oracle Cloud’s blockchain technology, then vote for your favorite one.
- Personalized Manufacturing Demo: Create your own customized coaster and watch a 3-D printer develop it.
- Oracle Cloud DJ with Sonic PI: Mix different music and beats to create unique sounds using Sonic Pi, a new kind of musical instrument based on live coding.
- Collective Learning Program: Introduced in 2016 with resounding excitement and success, the redesigned approach to programming put attendees first with interactive and community-driven sessions. This year’s Collective Learning will focus on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Cloud, and offer opportunities for customers to gain personalized tools and resources from product experts.
- The Supply Chain Manufacturing Showcase: Attendees can experience the latest innovations of the fourth industrial revolution at “Digital Transformation with Industry 4.0.” Physical structures and custom-built setup will showcase trends in Coaster Assembly Line (IOT), Smart Connected Factories, Blockchain Track and Trace, Asset Monitoring, Predictive Maintenance, and Service Monetization.
- Oracle NetSuite SuiteConnect: Engage with over 800 business leaders to learn the latest trends in emerging technologies and discuss the challenges facing businesses today.
- Oracle CloudFest.18: Experience an exclusive concert featuring Beck; Portugal. The Man; and Bleachers, and celebrate with Oracle customers and partners at the legendary Oracle appreciation event at AT&T Park.
Recommended Read: Hey.ai Launches Personal Analytics Platform