Levy to Teach Customer Advocacy and Engagement Professionals How to Position and Communicate Their Role in Compelling Ways to Key Stakeholders in Sales, Marketing, and Senior Management
The Center for Customer Engagement announced that top positioning expert, Mark Levy, will deliver the keynote address at the 2019 Summit on Customer Engagement.Now in its 15th year, the nation’s longest-running customer advocacy and engagement conference will take place March 13-15, 2019 at the Hyatt Grand Regency in Burlingame, CA near San Francisco. Early-early bird registrants can save $500 off.
Keynote: How to Talk About Your Job, So That People Care
What do business superstar Simon Sinek (whose “Start with Why” TED Talk is the third most watched of all time), marketing legend David Meerman Scott (who coined the term “Newsjacking”), and dozens of other major thought leaders and executives have in common? Mark Levy. Mark has helped them all develop their unique and highly successful positioning, so they stand out to audiences and their markets. As Sinek put it, “Mark helped me find my why.” At the 2019 Summit, Mark will focus his talents on helping attendees position their jobs in compelling ways to key stakeholders and senior management.
“Establishing an understanding of what we do—much less its importance to the business—is often challenging for customer advocacy and engagement professionals,” says Bill Lee, Founder of the Center for Customer Engagement. “Many even have difficulty explaining it to friends and family! After Mark’s keynote, they’ll know how to communicate what they do, so that sales, marketing, social media, senior management—and even mom and dad—will find it compelling. This is the talk you don’t want to miss if you want stakeholders to stand up and notice how you can contribute to the bottom-line.”
2019 Summit on Customer Engagement Highlights
- 15th Year – Longest-running, most respected educational experience in the world for customer reference, advocacy and engagement professionals.
- Audience – Customer advocacy and engagement pros from companies such as Adobe, Amazon, BMC, Citrix, Cognizant, Dropbox, FireEye, IBM, HubSpot, LinkedIn, Microsoft, NetApp, Optum, Oracle, Rackspace, Palo Alto Networks, Tableau, Veritas and others have attended the Summit.
- Theme this year: “Co-Create.” “There is growing recognition,” says Lee, “that companies are actually co-creating their marketing, sales, products, and even strategy and services, with their best customer (including advocates, advisory board members, and customer communities). In that spirit, we’re doing more and more co-creating of the 2019 Summit with our attendees.”
- Emphasis on Networking – Network with the top practitioners in the industry with our conference networking app—a great way to get to know people well before the live event. At the Summit, there will be “Birds of a Feather” roundtables, speed networking, long networking breaks between presentations, and ample opportunities to ask speakers questions on and off stage.
- Pre-Summit Workshop for Advanced Practitioners – Participate in an intensive, three-hour session led by Bill Lee. Participants get the latest, best thinking in the field, along with ample opportunities to share challenges and new ideas they’re implementing, as well as talk about broader topics such as career development. This is for practitioners with at least five years of leadership experience in the field (some exceptions apply).
- Ramping Up a Customer Reference/Advocacy Program Rapidly – Session devoted to new advocacy programs, presented by an experienced practitioner who’s “been there, done that.” Learn how to ramp up a potent advocacy program quickly to get a toe-hold for competitive advantage and find a variety of opportunities to network with other practitioners with experience ramping up an advocacy program.
Recommended Read: Interview with Kate Hammett, Head of Global Partnerships, Red Box