Twilio , the leading cloud communications platform, announced a lineup of special guests for SIGNAL, its annual customer and developer conference, including Former First Lady of the United States Michelle Obama and Simu Liu, star of the new movie Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. In its seventh year, SIGNAL will take place virtually on October 20-21, 2021.
Customer preference for communicating with businesses has drastically shifted to digital. Businesses need to deliver digital experiences that drive not only customer satisfaction but customer loyalty — and creating these kinds of experiences starts with great data. This year, SIGNAL will explore how businesses can use data to elevate every digital interaction into a personalized, engaging customer experience.
Marketing Technology News: Backblaze Strengthens Leadership With Two New Board Members
Twilio CEO Jeff Lawson will be joined by special guest Michelle Obama for “A Moderated Conversation with Michelle Obama.” As a transformative First Lady, Mrs. Obama launched and led four key initiatives: Let’s Move!, to address the challenge of childhood obesity; Joining Forces, to support veterans, service members and their families; Reach Higher, to inspire young people to seek higher education; and Let Girls Learn, to help adolescent girls around the world go to school. Mrs. Obama’s work on girls’ education continues through the Girls Opportunity Alliance at the Obama Foundation.
Twilio COO George Hu will sit down with actor Simu Liu to discuss Asian representation in film, television and storytelling, and how we can all challenge racial stereotypes in our careers and industries. Simu will also share how starring in the first Asian-led film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe has impacted his life and community.
Marketing Technology News: MarTech Interview with Damien Mahoney, Co-founder and CEO at Stackla
This year, SIGNAL will feature:
- Speakers from ServiceNow, Peloton, Intuit, The Trevor Project, Allianz Direct, Procter & Gamble, and more.
- Interactive sessions, panels and workshops breaking down how businesses can use data to foster deeper and richer customer relationships, no matter how the world changes or how customer needs evolve.
- An engaging virtual platform experience powered by Twilio’s own technology, where customers and attendees can connect in real-time on the channels of their choice.
- Up close previews of new Twilio products.
- Superclass, an immersive training designed for developers of all skill levels. Attendees will have access to hands-on exercises with Twilio APIs, 1:1 sessions with industry experts, and code-based workshops.
Over 50,000 builders from all over the world are expected to come together at SIGNAL to brainstorm and build the next generation of customer-centric solutions. The SIGNAL agenda serves developers of all skill levels, whether they be brand new to working with APIs or ready to deliver tangible business value with Twilio.
Code of Conduct
Twilio SIGNAL is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, or religion (or lack thereof). Twilio does not tolerate harassment of conference participants or staff at any time nor in any form.
Marketing Technology News: Diversity Isn’t Just Important, It’s Good for Your Brand