McKinsey Receives Best-in-Class Distinctions in the POI 2021 Enterprise Planning Vendor Panorama Report
POI applauds Periscope by McKinsey for depth of analytics, machine learning, and more
McKinsey & Company today announced that Periscope by McKinsey, a suite of marketing and sales analytics solutions that helps companies achieve sustainable revenue growth, has received four Best-in-Class distinctions from the Promotion Optimization Institute (POI).
Marketing Technology News: NP Digital Announces Guy Jarvie as SVP of Performance, Australia
The recognition appears in the POI 2021 Enterprise Planning Vendor Panorama report. It is the sixth year in a row that Periscope by McKinsey has been top-rated in this key annual industry report. The report evaluates how leading vendors help their manufacturing and retail partners understand how technology and services can help them improve promotional outcomes to drive profitable growth.
The ability to execute mutually profitable trade promotions is one of the main challenges facing retailers and manufacturers. Periscope by McKinsey’s highly analytical offering embeds McKinsey & Company intellectual property and a broad array of services in the promotion cycle. Periscope offers six core solutions: marketing, customer experience, category, pricing B2C, pricing B2B, and sales solutions. Each combines ongoing data management, insights, software tools, client service, and capability-enhancing support. Collectively, those elements keep delivering client impact by weaving Periscope’s IP into their clients’ everyday ways of working.
Marketing Technology News: ProWire Obtains US Patent for Its Real-Time Streaming Technology
Periscope was named Best in Class in four functional areas:
- Financial Orientation & Simulation
- Collaboration External
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Revenue Growth Management
Periscope was cited in the POI report for:
- Its depth of analytics to support both modern as well as traditional trade (the latter is largely overlooked by many vendors).
- Leveraging machine learning for pattern recognition in post-event analytics to provide more insight than can be yielded by arithmetic calculations.
- Its advanced capabilities, such as cross elasticities, which many TPO vendors do not have.
- Making it much easier to track forecasts and actual against plan at various levels of the hierarchy. This, in addition to the mean absolute percentage error, net percent error, and weighted net percent error, forms the basis of highly accurate reporting.
According to the report, Periscope is differentiated by:
“It’s level of automation and depth of the end-to-end offering of software and services. POI also sees Periscope as being a leader in pattern recognition through machine learning to help in answering the questions that people don’t think to ask. Also, its focus on data management and enrichment to ensure a more favorable output. Finally, the story boards for presenting the insights to customers or internally are compelling because they are dynamic and make collaboration easier than building PowerPoints from scratch.”
Marketing Technology News: MarTech Interview with Damien Mahoney, Co-founder and CEO at Stackla