Tribe Dynamics Releases 2020 Influencer Marketing Trends Report
Tribe Dynamics, rated the #1 Easiest to Use influencer marketing platform on G2, has released survey results from over 60 brands and over 250 influencers in a new report that takes the pulse of the current influencer economy.
Topics explored include the increased role of sponsorship in brand-influencer relationships, key strategies both brands and influencers are using to leverage rapidly growing social channels such as Instagram Stories and TikTok, and the impact of COVID-19 and global protests for racial justice on content creation.
Marketing Technology News: Similarweb Adds New Chief Marketing and Technology Officers
The report will also be shared at Tribe Dynamics’ upcoming Earned Summit on Sept. 23-24, 2020, a free 2-day virtual event focusing on brand and influencer marketing designed for the marketing professional, brand owner, and business leader.
Insights from the 2020 Influencer Marketing Trends Report include:
Instagram Stories is integral, and TikTok is on the rise.
- 78% of brands said Instagram Stories had very significantly impacted influencer content about their brand
- 88% of influencers regularly use Instagram Stories
- 35% of brands with dedicated teams for specific platforms have teams for TikTok
Sponsorship doesn’t negate authenticity.
- 65% of brands said the proportion of influencers they compensated had increased
- The vast majority (94%) of influencers only work with brands whose products they like
Quality products are king.
- 92% of brands had orchestrated a product send out within the past year
- 90% of influencers said receiving more new product launches would improve their experience working with brands
Brands are prioritizing inclusivity, but BIPOC influencers still felt marginalized.
- 91% of brands reported taking actions to empower BIPOC influencers over the past year, but 23% of influencers felt that their race and/or ethnicity had been a significant barrier to their success
Marketing Technology News: Mediafly Named A Strong Performer in Sales Content Solutions Evaluation by Independent Research Firm