Pega Recognized as Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion and Earns Top Score in the Disability Equality Index
Pega received the highest possible score of 100 for its dedication to disability inclusion and equality in the workplace
Pegasystems Inc., the low-code platform provider that builds agility into the world’s leading organizations, announced it has earned the top score on the Disability Equality Index (DEI), which is recognized as one of the most robust disability inclusion assessment tools. Pega received the highest possible scores across all of DEI’s evaluation categories – including culture & leadership, enterprise-wide access, employment practices, and community engagement – resulting in the highest possible score of 100 and the distinction of “Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion.”
Built on the idea of adaptability, Pega supports its people and communities by providing a safe and inclusive work environment. In its people-focused approach to technology and business, Pega has significantly invested in creating accessible, inclusive user experiences.
Marketing Technology News: Alorica Hires Industry HR Leader Asma Sultana as Vice President of Corporate Talent Acquisition
Key initiatives include:
- Launching its Persons with Disabilities employee resource group, which focuses on recruitment, retention, career advancement, and social impact, including building partnerships with global and local charitable organizations that support people with disabilities.
- Building an accessibility team that works with design, product, and engineering teams to test and provide guidance and feedback on software applications.
- Creating an internal accessibility portal with role-based training and guidance for understanding and implementing accessibility best practices.
- Launching the Advanced Allyship Program to help employees learn about allyship, discover implicit biases, build empathy, and understand the challenges of underserved groups. Pega also hosted a series of inclusive leadership and workplace sessions for its employees.
- Conducting usability testing with users with varying visual impairments and working with third parties for accessibility audits of its low-code Pega Platform™, as well as hiring specialists in accessibility requirements and native users of assistive technology.
The DEI is a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD), the nation’s largest disability rights organization, and Disability:IN, the global business disability inclusion network, to collectively advance the inclusion of people with disabilities. The DEI Advisory Committee, a diverse group of business leaders, policy experts, and disability advocates, developed the DEI, a comprehensive benchmarking tool that helps companies build a roadmap of measurable, tangible actions that they can take to achieve disability inclusion and equality. Each company receives a score, on a scale of zero (0) to 100, with those earning 80 and above recognized as a “Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion.”
Marketing Technology News: MarTech Interview With Mark McKenna, Chief Executive Officer at Postclick