Gigya Introduces Enterprise Preference Manager To Fortify Customer Trust and Address New Privacy Regulations
The Enterprise Preference Manager Can Be Adopted Without The Need To Access The Gigya Customer Identity Management Platform
Following closely on the heels around the announcement of its acquisition by SAP, Gigya, the leader in customer identity and access management (CIAM), has introduced Gigya Enterprise Preference Manager, to help organizations build customer trust and address upcoming privacy regulations, including the European Union’s upcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Patrick Salyer, CEO of Gigya, said, “We’re entering a new era where customers demand respect for their online privacy and expect relevant, personalized communications when they do agree to share personal information.“
The Enterprise Preference Manager, is a complete solution for centrally managing all aspects of consent settings and customer preferences such as social interests, brand affinities and product tastes. From accepting terms of service at initial registration to opting into marketing communications such as newsletters and promotions – all consent activities are stored as secure and audit-ready records.
Customers are given control of their experience through a preference center that makes it easy for them to review, change, delete or export any profile data, as well as withdraw consent to agreements or communication preferences they have given to an organization.
The Enterprise Preference Manager can be adopted without the need to access the Gigya Customer Identity Management platform
GDPR and other privacy regulations around the world are intended to restore consumer control over their digital identities and enhance the security of their data. Enterprise Preference Manager helps organizations meet these requirements:
- Preference and consent capture. Organizations can automate the presentation and recording of consent to agreements for terms of service, privacy policies, cookies, marketing communications, and custom activities.
- Version control. Up-to-date records of consent can be maintained for all customers, with tracking of consent history and automated triggering of consent renewals when required.
- Enforcement of consent. Consent and preference records can be synchronized with downstream marketing, sales and services applications, so that organizations stay compliant as they interact across all brands and channels.
- Self-service preference center. Customers are given easy access to view, change, export or remove their information, including personal data, consent to agreements and communication preferences and frequency (such as subscriptions to monthly newsletters or weekly special offers).
- A secure data vault. Customer consent and preference data is stored securely in a cloud-based vault, where it is always available for regulatory reviews, such as the data protection impact assessments (DPIAs) mandated under GDPR.
Beyond meeting regulatory requirements, Enterprise Preference Manager can help organizations respond to the rising expectations of customers for their personal information to be respected and under their control.
A recent Gigya survey found that 68 percent of consumers in the United States and the United Kingdom don’t trust brands to handle their personal information appropriately. Giving customers transparent access and control is the first step in rebuilding trust.
Patrick added, “Gigya Enterprise Preference Manager is designed to help organizations do the right thing – both in building trust through transparent interactions with customers and by providing the features and functionality to meet regional data privacy laws and regulations.”