New Data Governance Solution Helps to Enforce Mandate and Meet Data Privacy Standards
Attunity Ltd., a leading provider of data integration and big data management software solutions, announced a comprehensive data governance solution designed to assist companies with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance in SAP environments. The new Attunity Gold Client for Data Protection solution helps to identify and mask the personally identifiable information (PII) of customers, vendors, employees and partners across production SAP ECC applications to address the “right to be forgotten” mandate. This offering is an important part of a complete solution for GDPR compliance across the SAP landscape.
GDPR, in effect as of tomorrow, May 25, applies to any corporation, regardless of their location, that possesses the personal data of residents of the European Union. The regulations are designed to strengthen personal data privacy laws in the EU. Among the GDPR regulations includes a provision whereby individuals must agree to have their information used or invoke the “right to be forgotten” option. GDPR also gives regulators the power to fine offending organizations. Therefore, it is in the best interest of organizations globally to ensure that their data governance plan includes provisions for GDPR. With the launch of Attunity’s Gold Client for Data Protection, enterprises can locate the PII data in their SAP production environments and enforce the “right to be forgotten”.
Attunity’s Gold Client for Data Protection provides the following capabilities:
- Obfuscates PII data – uses native application functions to ensure data masking and integrity throughout the SAP application environment, ensuring that individuals do not have access to PII data in compliance with the GDPR statutes.
- Exposure reporting – profiles the existing customer data and proactively defines who can be/should be “forgotten” based on rules created by the user
- Custom masking levels – powerful options include pseudonymization, substitution, and redaction while still preserving referential integrity
- Configurable policy rules – define what could or should be masked based on different timeframes and business activity
- Complete audit trails – makes changes directly through the SAP application layer to provide an audit log of all activity
- User-defined “undo” period – provides a user-defined period after which the data masking process cannot be reversed
“GDPR is reshaping data management practices. As the regulation goes into effect across the European Union (EU) tomorrow, companies around the world will be impacted by these strict data privacy regulations,” said Cindy Zhou, Vice President and Principal Analyst at Constellation Research. “Many enterprises are working diligently to ensure their systems comply. It is critical that businesses have an action plan and enabling technology solutions to effectively meet the new data protection requirements.”
“The largest application vendor, SAP provides the primary system of record for tens of thousands of enterprises worldwide that require an effective data management and governance solution for GDPR compliance,” said Shimon Alon, Chairman and CEO of Attunity. “Attunity Gold Client for Data Protection helps businesses meet this need. As data privacy and protection regulations continue to be implemented around the world, Attunity’s solutions will ensure that enterprises remain compliant and future-proof.”
Recommended Read: Are You GDPR Ready?