International Data Corporation (IDC) today published an IDC Innovators report profiling five companies offering conversational artificial intelligence (AI) solutions that assist enterprises in developing and deploying conversational applications, such as chatbots or voice assistants, which users can talk to via a text- and/or voice-based interface. The five companies are: Aisera, DRUID, Openstream, SoundHound, and Uniphore.
Marketing Technology News: MarTech Interview with Rob van Nuenen, Co-founder & CEO at Channable
A new IDC Innovators report profiles five companies offering conversational artificial intelligence (AI) solutions that assist enterprises in developing and deploying conversational applications, such as chatbots or voice assistants.
Conversational AI has seen a recent acceleration in adoption thanks to improvements in AI technology, as well as an increase in remote and distributed work, commerce, and education models. As organizations look to provide customers and employees with self-service options to answer questions and complete tasks, as well as help employees be more efficient and effective at their jobs, conversational AI is providing significant ROI across a wide variety of industries and use cases.
“The conversational AI market is crowded and competitive right now, with the past two years characterized by an increasing number of startups, open-source innovations, and acquisitions by major technology vendors,” said Hayley Sutherland, senior research analyst for Conversational AI and Intelligent Knowledge Discovery at IDC. “Technology buyers considering conversational AI should familiarize themselves with the more innovative startups to get the full picture of what is available in addition to what they may be seeing from technology giants.”
Marketing Technology News: MarTech Interview with Christina Richards, CMO at Virtana
The report, IDC Innovators: Worldwide Conversational Artificial Intelligence (IDC #US47355221), features five companies offering conversational artificial intelligence solutions that address the growing needs of organizations to scale employee and customer self-service through conversational interfaces. The five companies are:
- Aisera provides multi-lingual conversational AI, leveraging technology innovations in natural language processing (NLP) and knowledge graphs to support IT, HR, customer service, sales, marketing, and finance use cases.
- DRUID offers a flexible conversational AI platform that includes ready-made virtual assistants with more than 500 pre-built intents and workflows for “industry-agnostic” business areas such as Legal, HR, and Finance.
- Openstream provides multi-modal conversational AI that can understand a wide variety of content types as input, including text, voice, touch, gestures, and video.
- SoundHound offers white-labeled voice-based assistants for major brands, featuring speech analysis technology that allows its conversational voice AI platform to quickly understand and respond to complex multi-turn, multi-slot queries.
- Uniphore is a provider of conversational automation, combining multi-lingual conversational AI capabilities with interaction analytics, RPA, and workflow automation to improve automation and agent efficiency, lower costs, and provide better customer experiences.
Marketing Technology News: Avanade Named to Newsweek’s First-Ever Most Loved Workplaces List