Intercom’s New Account Based Marketing (ABM) Features Allow Marketers to Engage with Target Accounts Through Personalized Live Chat Messages on Their Website so Teams Can Convert More Target Accounts to Real Sales Opportunities
Intercom, the customer messaging platform that helps businesses grow through better relationships throughout the entire customer lifecycle, announced new ABM functionality that expands the ways marketers can use ABM to grow their business. Intercom’s new ABM functionality introduces business messengers as a key ABM channel, allowing marketers to use its messaging platform to target the right website visitors and accelerate sales.
By tapping into the magic of Intercom’s Messenger on a brand’s website, businesses are able to provide personal and real time engagement instantaneously. Intercom identifies contacts from a business’ target accounts as soon as they visit their website, automatically triggering a personalized message that connects sales directly to the prospects they want most. Businesses will be armed with the information and opportunity to efficiently and quickly connect with top targets in real-time.
Marketing Technology News: OutSystems and Boncode Introduce Code Analysis Service to Reduce Application Risk
“For B2B marketers, ABM is a core part of any demand-gen strategy. Today, over 80% of B2B companies have ABM practices in motion” says Shane Murphy Reuter, Head of Marketing at Intercom. “While typical ABM channels include targeted outbound email, webinars, and ad campaign, a company’s website is currently missing in this strategy. Websites are perhaps the hardest and most cumbersome to personalize, but marketers are missing a huge opportunity if they ignore it as an ABM channel.”
The new ABM functionality is Intercom’s next step towards becoming a next generation CRM. Intercom’s customer messaging platform keeps a record of all customer data in a single location so businesses can use Intercom to track every point of communication across the entire customer lifecycle; from prospect, to free trial user, to paid user, and beyond. Intercom empowers sales, marketing and support teams with a 360-view of their customer and drives personal customer relationships at scale through business messaging.
Marketing Technology News: Calldorado Announces Appointment of Co-CEO
Intercom’s new ABM features enable customers to:
- Convert target accounts into real opportunities for sales teams and automatically send personalized messages to target accounts on their website to generate conversations with the prospects sales want most.
- Increase sales and marketing alignment and efficiency. Now, marketing and sales teams can prioritize their time on the highest value leads, winning more deals with the biggest customers while reducing noise in the funnel.
- Accelerate the marketing and sales funnel. Marketing and sales teams can accelerate their biggest deals by connecting with target accounts in real-time.
- Grow revenue from existing customers. Marketing and sales can drive more revenue from target accounts once they’re a customer by sending personalized and targeted upsell and cross-sell campaigns.
- A report by the Information Technology Services Marketing Association revealed that 84% of marketers see higher ROI with ABM than with any other marketing programs.
- ABM helps teams stay aligned and focused, leading to bigger deals — in fact, a report from SiriusDecisions found that 91% of marketers that use ABM have indicated larger deal size, with 25% stating their deal size was over 50% larger.
- A B2B marketing benchmarks report from MarketingProfs revealed that by aligning sales and marketing teams through ABM, companies experience a 36% higher customer retention rates and 38% higher sales win rates.
Marketing Technology News: Industry Veteran John Norman Named Chief Creative Officer of Havas Chicago