Fluent Announces Recipients of Inaugural Business Empowerment Program to Support Minority and Women-Owned Businesses
Fluent, Inc., a leading data-driven performance marketing company, announced the recipients of its first Business Empowerment Program, an initiative focused on supporting minority and women-owned businesses. Five recipients, including: Official Black Wall Street, CapWay, Waiver, EDEN BodyWorks and Jopwell, will each receive $50,000 worth of digital marketing resources to support and accelerate business growth.
Following a year where minority and women-owned businesses were severely impacted due to the COVID-19 pandemic, coupled with historically limited opportunities for funding and growth, Fluent launched the Business Empowerment Program on October 27th, 2020. As part of Fluent’s ongoing DEI initiative, the Business Empowerment Program supports minority and women-led businesses to succeed in today’s digital economy. Fluent received almost 300 applications from businesses representing a diverse set of industries and objectives across North America. The application window for the 2021 program closed on December 31st, 2020.
Marketing Technology News: Admix Expands Into US And EMEA With Major Hires from Google and Spotify
“As a team, we are proud to announce the grant recipients of this program and to bring light to a difficult year by giving back in the best way we can,” said Matt Conlin, President and Co-founder of Fluent. “We are excited to support these businesses by offering them marketing resources they don’t currently have access to, which will help take their company to the next level. We can’t wait to see what they’re able to achieve!”
As part of the application process, business owners shared examples of how the program would further drive their business goals. The five recipients were chosen through a multi-tiered, committee-led selection process, resulting in the following Business Empowerment Program roster for 2021:
- Official Black Wall Street is a digital platform and app connecting consumers to Black-owned businesses, while giving Black entrepreneurs the resources and exposure needed to thrive.
- CapWay is a financial technology startup that focuses on opportunities and positive financial experiences for those who have been unsupported by the traditional financial system.
- Waiver is a financial technology company which blocks overdraft and maintenance fees for any U.S. bank account through their mobile app.
- EDEN BodyWorks manufactures and distributes natural hair and body care products.
- Jopwell is the leading career advancement platform for Black, Latinx, and Native American students and professionals.
Marketing Technology News: SpotX Announces Support for Unified ID 2.0 Solution
Each recipient will utilize their grant in one of two ways: an outcome-based customer acquisition campaign, or a complete Facebook campaign audit from AdParlor (a Fluent-owned social media agency), which includes a full assessment and customized creative blueprint templates.
Marketing Technology News: iMedia Brands’ Float Left Interactive Partners with 24i to Deliver Leading OTT Solutions for Roku