Revenue Marketing is making a more direct, measurable contribution to organizations’ top-line than ever before
Revenue Marketing consultancy Demand Spring released the results of their third annual Revenue Marketing B2B Benchmark Survey. The results indicate that Revenue Marketing is making a more direct, measurable contribution to organizational top-line than ever before.
Marketing Technology News: Five9 Sees Market Success in New Joint Offering with Zoom
Over the past several years, marketing organizations have been transitioning from cost centers to profit centers, and as such strategies, processes and practices are beginning to evolve. Since 2017, Demand Spring’s Revenue Marketing Benchmark Survey has given B2B marketers from across North America the opportunity to contribute their experiences regarding the evolution of Revenue Marketing, and to leverage the report results within their organizations.
This year’s survey has uncovered a number of key findings, including:
- 73% of marketers are measured on pipeline initiated.
- Only 11% of marketers have a pipeline-initiated target greater than 40% of total pipeline.
- 17% of marketers are using AI to plan and execute marketing strategies today, a 3% decrease from last year.
- Marketo remains the most used Marketing Automation Platform (MAP) and Account Based Marketing (ABM) technology within organizations.
- For the second consecutive year, live events and webinars were identified as the most successful top-of-funnel (TOFU) and middle-of-funnel (MOFU) tactics.
- The top four barriers to driving pipeline and revenue within organizations include: resources,talent, staff, and marketing and sales alignment.
Marketing Technology News: Brex Launches Ecommerce Marketing Agency Directory
Mark Emond, President of Demand Spring, said:
“We are witnessing a real shift in how B2B marketers are measured. Top of funnel metrics such as marketing qualified leads (MQLs) are becoming less important, and are being replaced by the top-line metrics that the C-suite really care about — pipeline and revenue. However, marketing & sales alignment, and a lack of skilled staff are significant barriers for marketers when it comes to meeting their targets. We expect to see a larger investment in talent and education for marketing staff in the coming year.”
Marketing Technology News: Sandline Discovery Leverages NexLP’s Cognitive AI to Deliver Leading Behavioral and Linguistic Intelligence