Total Economic Impact Study of Salesforce Lightning for Service Cloud Shows 475 Percent Return on Investment over Three Years
New Independent Study Shows How Salesforce Lightning Drove New Levels of Productivity for Service Organizations, Saving Millions of Dollars
Salesforce, the global leader in CRM, released a new Forrester Consulting study quantifying the Total Economic Impact and benefits of Salesforce Lightning for Service Cloud. In the study, Forrester found that a composite service organization deploying Lightning Experience obtained a return on investment (ROI) of 475 percent over three years. Salesforce also announced today the general availability of more than a dozen features only available in Lightning Experience, including In-App Guidance and Smart Macros.
Lightning Experience redefines productivity for the age of CRM – offering a modern, intuitive user experience, access to innovations like artificial intelligence, and a modern framework for building and customizing apps fast. With more than 16 million custom pages, 1 million custom apps and over 2,000 Lightning-ready apps on the AppExchange, Lightning Experience is the present and future of CRM – empowering admins, developers and business users to build completely customized experiences at the center of their workflow.
“In our view, Forrester’s latest study accentuates how Lightning Experience can be an engine for growth and productivity for any business,” said Jonathan Sigler, Executive Vice President of Lightning Platform, Salesforce. “With more customers than ever set to turn on Lightning Experience, we believe that companies across every industry will reap the benefits of a more productive, smarter CRM.”
Forrester’s results also revealed significant cost savings and business benefits for service organizations that have deployed Lightning Experience – reducing support handling time by two minutes per contact and time for post-contact documentation tasks by 75 percent.
Marketing Technology News: Hoodoo Digital Provides Search for Marketers in Adobe Experience Manager Using the Cludo Connector for AEM
Among the other potential benefits, Forrester found that over three years a composite service organization:
- Saved more than $2.5 million by reducing support handling time;
- Saved $1.1 million by avoiding documentation time; and
- Increased customer satisfaction by 8.5 percent
According to a customer interviewed for this study, the director of customer service operations at a pharmaceutical company: “Salesforce Lightning didn’t require as much training because it is more intuitive, and we eliminated multiple ways to do things.”
Another customer interviewed for this study, the enterprise service applications manager for a medical hardware vendor, commented on the improved agent consoles and efficient guided workflows found in Lightning Experience, concluding: “Obviously Lightning has improved both the agent’s and the customer’s experience.”
Marketing Technology News: Alibaba.com Opens Platform to Empower US Small Businesses to Sell to the World
New Lightning Experience Transition Tools jumpstart the move to Lightning Experience
As part of the Winter ’20 release, Salesforce will automatically enable Lightning Experience. This will occur on a rolling basis starting in September for orgs with editions that support Lightning Experience, and users will still have access to Salesforce Classic.
To help customers get ready, Salesforce provides a free set of transition tools, which have already helped tens of thousands of customers successfully make the move to Lightning Experience.
Updates to Lightning Experience transition tools include:
- Lightning Experience Transition Assistant – Available in Setup, it’s the central hub for the journey to Lightning Experience and it delivers all the transition tools, help, and step-by-step guidance that admins need to implement, measure and iterate on their Lightning Experience rollout.
- Lightning Experience Readiness Check – With a single click, evaluates an org for Lightning Experience and provides guidance on any features or customizations that need adjustment.
- Salesforce Optimizer – Delivers admins a personalized report for how to improve their Salesforce implementation, including opportunities to reduce complexity and drive feature adoption.
Leading brands boost productivity and optimize operations with Lightning Experience
Thousands of companies today are accelerating business growth by driving new levels of efficiency and productivity using Lightning Experience. Here’s how innovative companies SurveyMonkey and Wiley have reinvented their businesses after turning on Lightning Experience:
- SurveyMonkey, a leading global survey software company that helps enterprise organizations transform feedback into business intelligence, turned on Lightning Experience to streamline CRM for sales and service reps. Since transitioning its Sales and Service Cloud deployments to Lightning Experience, SurveyMonkey has cut page load times in half. Now armed with the simple and intuitive Lightning Experience interface, the company’s sales and service reps are more productive than ever – able to access game-changing customer data and insights with just a few clicks.
- Wiley, a global publishing company focused on research and education, is unlocking new levels of productivity after turning on Lightning Experience for more than 1,300 sales users. Wiley’s sales teams no longer lose time clicking and scrolling through pages to find key information; now, using tabs within the Lightning Experience customer data is readily available at key moments in the sales process. Packaging the data across mobile and desktop provides a seamless user experience. “Switching to Lightning took the administrative pains out of the sales process, allowing our reps to focus on selling,” said Laurie Dusko, CRM Business Lead, Wiley.
Marketing Technology News: Hive Streaming Joins the Kaltura Video Technology Marketplace as a Premier Partner