UiPath, Inc., a leading enterprise automation software company, today announced financial results for its second quarter fiscal 2022 ended July 31, 2021.
Marketing Technology News: Martech Interview with Amy D. Love, CMO of SambaNova Systems
“We continued our very strong momentum in the second quarter of fiscal year 2022 with ARR growing 60 percent year-over-year to $726.5 million. Our results were driven by both new customer additions, ending the quarter with more than 9,100 customers, as well as robust expansion with existing customers, reflected in our best-in-class dollar-based net retention rate of 144 percent,” said Daniel Dines, UiPath Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer. “The opportunity to unlock human potential is vast and we are in the very early stages of the automation market. We believe we have a long-term opportunity to drive durable growth and build a company that will transform how organizations compete, employees experience work, and companies interact with their customers.”
Ashim Gupta, UiPath Chief Financial Officer, added, “The team executed well this quarter as we continue to drive meaningful growth at scale. Our land and expand go-to-market model delivered record net new ARR, a testament to our competitive differentiation and the power of our platform to drive meaningful return on investment for our customers. Looking ahead, our priority is to continue to drive growth while exercising operational rigor, which will allow us to maintain our clear leadership position in this large and growing market.”
Second Quarter Fiscal 2022 Financial Highlights
- ARR of $726.5 million as of July 31, 2021, increased 60 percent year-over-year.
- Net new ARR of $73.9 million increased 33 percent year-over-year.
- Revenue of $195.5 million increased 40 percent year-over-year.
- GAAP gross margin was 82 percent.
- Non-GAAP gross margin was 86 percent.
- Net cash used in operations was $(6.0) million.
- Non-GAAP adjusted free cash flow was $(3.5) million.
- Cash, cash equivalents, and marketable securities of $1.9 billion as of July 31, 2021.
Marketing Technology News: HyperX Signs Professional Tennis Player Daniil Medvedev as Global Brand Ambassador
Recent Business Highlights
- Named a Process Mining Leader in the Technology Vendor Landscape for the second consecutive year, according to Everest Group’s Process Mining Products PEAK Matrix® Assessment 2021. UiPath has also emerged as one of the four-Star Performers in this year’s assessment, demonstrating the most year over year improvement on the PEAK Matrix®.
- Announced new integrations with Smartsheet (NYSE: SMAR), the enterprise platform for dynamic work, to make it easy for users to retrieve, update, and share data in Smartsheet. This means users are now able to automate the management of workflows in Smartsheet projects, reports, and sheets in a matter of minutes, saving hours of repetitive, manual work.
- Expanded technology partner ecosystem to include SUSE, a leader in Linux and Kubernetes management, to provide additional deployment options for customers leveraging the UiPath platform. In addition, UiPath collaborated with Alteryx (NYSE: AYX), a strategic technology partner, which developed a UiPath Connector that makes it easy for users to trigger UiPath software robots directly from an Alteryx analytic automation workflow.
- Completed SOC 2 Type 2 System and Organization Controls for UiPath Automation Cloud: This attestation, among the Company’s extensive list of security capabilities, provides assurance to UiPath global customers in highly-regulated industries who trust UiPath with their most sensitive data.
- Joined TSANet (Technical Support Alliance Network), the industry’s largest vendor neutral support alliance, to fast track interactions with other vendors in resolving multi-party integration issues. As the first pure-play automation company to the TSANet ecosystem, UiPath will leverage other vendors’ engineering and customer success teams to ultimately reduce the resolution time for its mutual customers.
- Expanded go-to-market partner ecosystem to help customers rapidly accelerate their digital transformation efforts. With a range of technology and industry solutions, UiPath added more than 300 new go-to-market partners in the quarter bringing the total partner ecosystem to more than 4,700 worldwide.
- Announced UiPath community grew to more than 1.5 million members and launched three new features: Use case repository, UiPath community job board, and Community mentorship program. The UiPath Community connects customers, partners, freelancers, enthusiasts, and beginners to UiPath.
For the fiscal third quarter 2022, UiPath expects:
- ARR in the range of $796 million and $798 million as of October 31, 2021
- Revenue in the range of $207 million and $209 million
- Non-GAAP operating loss in the range of $(30) million and $(15) million
For the fiscal full year 2022, UiPath expects:
- ARR in the range of $876 million and $881 million as of January 31, 2022
Reconciliation of non-GAAP operating loss guidance to the most directly comparable GAAP measure is not available without unreasonable efforts on a forward-looking basis due to the high variability, complexity and low visibility with respect to the charges excluded from this non-GAAP measure; in particular, the measures and effects of stock-based compensation expense specific to equity compensation awards that are directly impacted by unpredictable fluctuations in our stock price. We expect the variability of the above charges to have a significant, and potentially unpredictable, impact on our future GAAP financial results.
Marketing Technology News: CoinDesk Positions Itself for Long-Term Growth With Migration To Arc XP