Hundreds of 24-Hour Streaming Channels Available Free for U.S. Customers
VIZIO, Inc., the #1 American-based TV brand and America’s #1 Sound Bar company, announced the launch of ten new lifestyle, DIY, fashion, travel and comedy channels to millions of viewers across America.
As TV usage continues to surge and interest in “comfort food TV” is at an all time high, VIZIO SmartCast TV’s free ad supported apps and streaming TV services were up 88% the last week of April compared to the first week of March before stay-at-home advisories changed viewing behaviors. Even more, attention to free ad-supported TV channels and apps were up 108% in April 2020 versus the first week of March as people develop new viewing habits and discover new content options.
Marketing Technology News: Ten Sales Leaders Join Sales Xceleration to Build a Path to More Sales
Beginning today, VIZIO SmartCast users can now:
- Get the latest celebrity and lifestyle news from Vanity Fair and Young Hollywood or learn about the latest innovations happening in tech from WIRED
- Tune in for fashion, career, and lifestyle inspiration with GQ, Glamour and Vogue
- Explore the world of food and travel with Tastemade and Condé Nast Traveler
- Enjoy non-stop comedy from popular channel, Funny or Die and geek out with the beloved cult TV show, Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K)
- Catch the best classic and revived game shows on Game Show Network and internationally televised high-stakes poker tournaments on World Poker Tour
This news comes on the heels of VIZIO’s recent news announcing 30 new free streaming channels. VIZIO’s free streaming channels complement VIZIO’s WatchFreeTM service, powered by Pluto, which now features hundreds of free streaming TV channels of news, movies, sports and more.
Marketing Technology News: Experiential Marketing Heavyweights Join Chicago-Based AKA
In addition to free content, VIZIO SmartCast provides convenient access to on-screen apps like Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, Prime Video, YouTube, NBC, CBS All Access, YouTubeTV and others. It also offers access to endless entertainment thanks to support for Apple AirPlay 2 and Chromecast built-in, allowing viewers to stream, control, and share content from their phone, tablet, or laptop directly to the big screen.
Marketing Technology News: Nextup Hires Industry Expert as Director of Marketing