Together, AI and Social Media Could Help Marketing Teams Scale New Heights in Customer Experience and Engagement
The decade belongs to the phenomenal rise of social media marketing and advertising. Thanks to Mary Meeker’s insights on internet trends in 2018, marketing teams have a fair idea of how social media companies impact the way customers interact with their brands of choice. Social media marketing companies now rely on data that are collected and analyzed to create revenue opportunities across multiple marketing channels. Charged by the ever-widening expanse of social media platforms, channels, and applications— the role of AI has grown many times over within a decade. AI is one of the fastest-growing technological segments, which has been used since 1990- and is still gaining rapid appreciation.
Every marketer has been afraid of the revolutionary capabilities of AI, due to its superior processing powers and superfast analytical capabilities.
The International Data Corporation estimates that spending on AI platforms will reach a startling $57 billion by 2021. Social media marketers are using AI for predictive measures so as to forecast user’s behavior and to solve issues as soon as they develop. Almost every single social media platform is beginning to leverage AI in some medium or another.
Deployment of AI to Aid Social Media Engagement
Applying AI to marketing initiatives can be equivalent to a huge yet natural leap for many marketers. Some marketers may already prefer to use analytics to understand the social and sentimental analysis of customer behavior. AI-infused solutions may vary from intelligent assistants to complicated recommendation systems or may even incorporate lead-generation platforms.
- Integration of AI into existing solutions can easily be done with the creation of API’s (application programming interface) which make way for a building block approach. Adoption of technique can be made after the initial efforts are acknowledged. The key indicator here is to connect the pilot project to the business’s central system so as to be optimized completely with functioning, actionable insights.
- Focusing on the business value of data is significant for AI approaches. AI’s imminent strengths include finding value in new or underutilized data. Through the AI lens, the true value of structured and unstructured data can easily be focused on. Structured data ranges from data in databases and spreadsheets to licensed third-party referential data. Though, unstructured data can include random website data to analytical data pulled in from Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or Instagram. The data can be in the form of text, visual or audio formats.
- AI is now being actively involved in all levels of business affairs. The AI-driven promise brings engagement for a more consumer-centric experience which helps aid marketers’ from ground-up. Stepping up on marketing endeavors, in addition to generating leads and revenue through AI capabilities, is going to be the core game changer in this strategic conversion. AI comes with strong underlying cognition processes that social media marketing teams must absorb and utilize. This will help gain viewership and engagement insights from consumers, for their social media marketing campaigns.
AI is making a significant change in the marketing realm through its capabilities that transcend the mundane synthesis of information. There is a blend of transformational benefits that AI brings to organizations and businesses. Marketing goals such as improving customer retention may have been a step to start with, but now AI augments decisions to reach, engage and preserve customer loyalty relationships with some of its sophisticated yet intuitive techniques. The domain of AI today is an umbrella of mushrooming sectors and industries which only look to be scaling upwards, with every new chapter.
Why Does Your Company Need AI-Powered Social Media Influence?
According to the 2018 Social Media Report by HootSuite, social media brands will continue to leverage AI technologies to “prioritize personalization at scale.” This includes AI leveraging social data to increase customer insights.
- AI can help you understand
Artificial Intelligence can help companies understand what the audience desires by listening to conversations consumers have online. Kissmetrics and Google Analytics are examples related to platform analytics. These tools significantly change a marketer’s viewpoint by inducing interaction between a brand and its consumers.
- Content Creation
One of the major aspects of social media marketing is content creation. Any marketing campaign identifies content creation as one of its vital aspects. Each minute, there is a spike in the volume of content data. Automated AI-powered social media tools can significantly reduce the time taken in content creation, thus producing faster results.
- Optimization of Content
Content Optimization assists in ensuring visibility and leading traffic to your website based on relevant insights. If optimization isn’t in place, then the content which has more value is not focused upon. This is when AI-powered bots step in to create fluidity in analyzing content and optimizing it accordingly.
- Customer Service using Chatbots
Customer Services is a field which requires improvements constantly. Even though AI-powered Chatbots are not going to completely eliminate the need for manual labor, they are striving to revolutionize customer service. Chatbots are being featured by social media apps in various sectors including restaurant services, finance, healthcare, e-commerce and retail. AI-powered Chatbots help improve services, register feedback on customer experience, provide suggestions based on a consumer’s previous buying experience and use each interaction data for consumer insights.
- Influencer Marketing
Influencer marketing has created its own dent in the marketing landscape and measuring its performance is a challenge that can be simplified by AI.
Influential’s AI-powered Influencer marketing platform is backed by IBM Watson and is an AI social data and activation technology. It matches brands to audiences by relying on machine learning through various social media apps.
What are AI-Powered Social Media Monitoring Tools?
Social media monitoring tools assist brands by providing social media listening skills to identify the sentiments of consumers. These monitoring tools are increasingly efficient in dissecting the positive, negative or neutral outcomes of an audience in relation to its brand.
Marketers have a range of tools at their disposal to understand their customers and analyze their prospects in the social media sphere of marketing. These tools are constantly scaling new heights with improvisations that allow for better monitoring.
To qualify for the category of Social Media Monitoring, a product should:
- Listen for specific brand mentions across social media
- Identify customer sentiment
- Segregate customer information
- Recognize thought influencers on social media
- Select trending topics/phrases online
The categories for Social Media Monitoring include quadrants such as high performers, contenders and the niche solutions compiled by G2 crowd.
The Leaders that have a strong presence in the social media monitoring sphere include;
Contenders have sufficient market resources and significance but have received average user ratings. These include Cision, Spredfast, Crimson Hexagon, Adobe Social, Verint, NetBase, CX Social, Fresh Web Explorer, Percolate and Salesforce Social Studio.
Niche Solutions do not have any market presence but have been rated positively on customer satisfaction. These include Twitterfall, Audiense, Tracx, Commun.it, Union Metrics, Keyhole, Zignal Labs, dlvr.it and Sprinklr Social Listening.
The power of Artificial Intelligence has merged with the power of Social Media, to only ride the tidal wave of AI-Powered Social Media Marketing. The AI market is estimated to be worth $9.98 billion by the year 2022. This effect will lead to a series of lasting implications for marketers, companies and social media experts. With the rise in increased competition for customer attention, marketers are vying to utilize every advantage for better optimization, engagement and a wider reach. While social media marketers won’t completely switch over to AI-based systems, social media managers who have embraced social with AI have an edge over analyzing results. Most importantly, content marketers can now apply AI to develop the power of social media marketing, thus generating high value for customers and the company alike.
Recommended Read: Insights on Social Media Marketing: Scoop the Best for B2B Marketing