Customer Experience Automation leader also reached more than 750 employees worldwide as it accelerated its growth in 2020
ActiveCampaign, the leader in Customer Experience Automation (CXA), reached 130,000 customers and 750 employees globally as it closed out a year of tremendous growth and rapid change. ActiveCampaign’s success was fueled by ongoing customer success, several product enhancements, new partnerships and key hires.
Marketing Technology News: Synamedia Partners With Akamai to Speed Pirate Take Downs
Important milestones for the company during Q4 2020 included:
- Brought on nearly 10,000 new customers, including United Center, Circuit Riders, Aiqfome, Creatd and Vocal.
- Expanded e-commerce functionality, including the launch of a buy-now button, Pages, Web Personalization and Conversations, to support retail businesses through the holiday season.
- Reinforced its industry-leading Customer Success Commitment by extending commitments across its three pillars: value, service and trust.
- Launched industry’s first Predictive Recipes functionality to support customers navigating its 500+ automation recipes. To celebrate, ActiveCampaign hosted Ann Handley for a fireside chat, “At Home for the Holidays,” which drew 4,000 registrations and 50 holiday recipes from marketing influencers around the world.
- Supported customers’ 2021 business growth goals with the ActiveResolutions series, which will culminate in a live virtual event with Jay Baer on February 3, 2021.
- Extended international customer support by launching fully localized Portuguese Help Centers and offering full Brazilian Real currency support, becoming the only international marketing automation platform to do so.
- The ActiveCampaign Email Marketing Automation app was featured as a Staff Pick for having great features and customer support on the homepage of the Shopify App Store for merchants with a store address in Brazil.
To enable the company’s incredible growth, ActiveCampaign onboarded 300 employees over the year, growing global headcount by 40%. Key hires include more than 10 additions to the senior leadership team, including Dutta Satadip, Chief Customer Officer and former executive at Pinterest and Google; Sagar Sagiragu, VP Engineering, Cloud Platforms; and Santhana Parthasarathy, VP Engineering. In addition, ActiveCampaign introduced its first independent board member, Cindy Guerra Robbins, former President and Chief People Officer at Salesforce.
Marketing Technology News: AnyClip Launches VPAID, An Online Video Series About the Online Video Business
ActiveCampaign also received industry recognition for its product, leadership and employer achievements. The BIG Awards named ActiveCampaign Company of the Year and Jason VandeBoom, founder and CEO, as the Executive of the Year, and also recognized ActiveCampaign in the BIG Innovation Awards for innovative technology company yesterday. Further, FeaturedCustomers named ActiveCampaign in the premier Market Leader category for having the most positive customer reviews in its Email Marketing Report. G2 named ActiveCampaign a leader across nine categories in both its Small Business and Momentum Grids. In Chicago, the Chicago Innovation Awards recognized ActiveCampaign for its Entrepreneurial Spirit. Just this week, Built-in Chicago named ActiveCampaign as the No. 4 best place to work in Chicago, out of 100, and No. 2 best benefits in Chicago, out of 50.
“I’m proud of all our accomplishments in 2020, from the new functionality we added to our platform to doubling down on our customer-centric approach to customer success. Most important, I’m proud of the support we’ve provided to all our customers in these unprecedented times,” said VandeBoom. “At the end of the day, everything we’re doing is focused on helping businesses in all parts of the world and of all sizes grow, and we couldn’t have done it without our incredible team.”
“There are so many features I use and love from ActiveCampaign, from the Predictive Sending to automations, Advance Search, and the customer support personnel,” said James Costello, email copywriter at Skin Research Institute. “ActiveCampaign has given us an easy way to evaluate what’s working and what’s not. Before, we had to guess what customers would want, but now we have the data to know what they engage with, and we know exactly what to focus on next.”
Marketing Technology News: Merkle 2021 Customer Engagement Report Focuses on Data-Driven Conversations in the Cookieless World