The leader in customer experience automation (CXA) achieves strong momentum into Q1 2022 with positive customer satisfaction, new product capabilities and headcount growth
To close out a year of rapid growth and success, customers of ActiveCampaign, the leader in Customer Experience Automation (CXA), reported a 110% average increase in new leads compared to last year and a 94% improvement in the amount of leads that became customers, proving the effectiveness of ActiveCampaign’s platform. In the forthcoming 2022 Customer Experience Automation Impact Study, ActiveCampaign customers reported the platform helped them achieve a 109% average increase in sales effectiveness and a 108% increase in engagement rates from emails, all with the power of 1:1 automation. Its customers achieved higher revenue and rapid growth because of the great experiences the technology provides.
Marketing Technology News: MarTech Interview with Tracey Ryan O’Connor, Group Vice President at Qubit, (a Coveo company)
“ActiveCampaign is different because not only is the platform user friendly and easy to migrate onto, but their customer service is second to none.”
While customer success was a large focus for the company in Q4, ActiveCampaign achieved milestones on the product side as well. Highlights include:
- Launching Custom Objects, a feature that gives users a complete view of every customer and their touchpoints by unifying data from the apps they use the most such as Slack, Zoom, Eventbrite and Calendly.
- Offering additional features and functionality for B2B customers to set them up for a successful 2022, including Pages templates, over 250 designed email templates, 70+ free tools to help businesses grow, and more than 750 automation recipes.
- Introducing Sales Engagement Automation, which enables integrated engagement across channels allowing for alignment between marketing messaging, one-to-one emails, video, chat, voice and more.
- Reaching 260+ customer ideas executed on ActiveCampaign’s platform, as the company is adamant about a continuous customer feedback loop.
- Ranking No. 2 in G2’s Best Sales Engagement Software category, achieving grid increases on G2’s Landing Page Builder and Social Media Advertising, and entering the Landing Page Builder Momentum Grid at No. 1.
- No. 1 in five G2 categories: Lead Scoring, Pop-up Builder, Attribution, Ecommerce Personalization and Email Template Builder.
- Six categories that ActiveCampaign placed in the top three include: Marketing Automation, Online Form Builder, Conversational Marketing, CRM, Landing Page Builder and Social Media Advertising.
- Receiving the Best of TrustRadius Award, BIG Awards for Business’ Product of the Year, 2021 Corporate Excellence Awards: Leading Email Marketing & CX Automation Platform and a gold medal for Software Reviews’ Marketing Automation Report.
In Q4 2021, ActiveCampaign achieved internal growth milestones as well. Highlights include:
- Reaching 1,000 employees globally, which will further fuel innovation and customer support in all regions.
- Expanding its executive bench with seasoned hirings such as Salesforce executive Michael Rico as its first Chief People Officer and Jerome Alabado as a Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Opening and expanding new global hubs in Indianapolis, USA; Dublin, Ireland; and Florianopolis, Brazil. Florianopolis is ActiveCampaign’s first hub in Latin America, supporting the company’s commitment to creating more jobs and helping more businesses grow in the LATAM region.
- Being recognized for its culture, benefits, DEI initiatives and leadership across multiple regions by receiving numerous best places to work and leadership awards, including the Australia Great Places to Work certification, Quartz Best Workplaces for Remote Employees and EY Entrepreneur of the Year Midwest.
- Being listed on Inc.’s Best Led Companies 2021, Chicago Inno’s 50 on Fire and Crain’s Chicago’s Coolest Offices.
- Achieving Built in Chicago’s Best Places to Work and Comparably’s Best Company for Diversity.
Marketing Technology News: MarTech Interview with Francis McMahon, EVP, Canon Solutions America