Included industry experts have a strong track record building successful tech companies
Nowigence Inc., the SaaS Technology firm behind Pluaris™, a comprehensive and turnkey AI knowledge engine, today announces a newly formed independent growth council to advise, strategize, and assist the operating team with delivery of its growth plan.
Anoop Bhatia, Nowigence founder and CEO, said, “We are shifting gears in our growth journey. The announcement of the growth council aims to provide co-benefits to our customers with value-driven innovation in the fields of machine learning and natural language processing.”
Tracy Metzger, a board member since 2019, said, “The growth council members, with their diverse fields of expertise, will further develop and source applications for Pluaris while expanding our reach around the world.”
Marketing Technology News: MarTech Interview with Martin Hill, Head of Programmatic at Dianomi
The independent growth council includes:
- Michael Connolly (Corporate Development and M&A) has led, founded, and exited several digital media companies, including the sale of ElderCarelink to QuinStreet. His career began with McKinsey and Company, a leading global consulting firm, and he later served as vice president of corporate strategy and development for American Express. He has held CEO leadership roles in digital media, multi-unit franchising, financial services and healthcare industries at companies such as Great Clips, Jamba Juice, BuyerZone, ElderLife Financial Services and MarketBridge. Michael earned his MBA with second-year honors from Harvard Business School.
- Rohit Kumar (Business Development/India): Founder and CEO of Chapter Apps Inc. – a Mobile First Digital Training and Learning Platform company that is being used by more than 1 million learners in the corporate world. Prior to founding ChapterApps, Rohit served as South Asia MD for Reed Elsevier Life Sciences, where he brought to market new digital learning solutions. A longtime technology executive, he was formerly Microsoft’s Public Sector Country Head for India and a Senior Director CRM Products for Oracle in California. Early in his career, Rohit worked in consulting for Boston Consulting Group (BCG) in Chicago, and then for Accenture. He earned a BS from IIT Roorkee and an MBA from The Wharton School of Business.
- Tinsley Galyean (Technology/UI/UX/IP) is the cofounder and CEO of Curious Learning. He holds numerous media and tech patents, has developed interactive technology-driven projects for museums around the world and has developed media experiences through Disney, Warner Brothers, and an Emmy-nominated program for Discovery Kids. Tinsley holds a Ph.D. from the MIT Media Lab and an ScM in computer graphics from Brown University.
- Girdhar Gopal Das (Strategic Business Partner/India) is the cofounder and MD of Glocal Thinkers, Skill India Mission’s largest skill assessment company, with over 10,000 consultants across 27 industries and 45 functional areas working with clients across the globe. Girdhar has held key positions in consulting, banking, insurance and mutual fund companies. Previously, he headed the Financial Advisory Services and Priority Banking for Axis Bank, a leading private sector bank in India and also led Business Development & Strategy for Aviva Life Insurance.
- Gordon (Gordy) Haupt (CTO – Nowigence) has a strong technical background in machine learning, neural networks, signal processing, statistical data analysis, optimization, and digital filtering, including applications in computer vision, imaging, audio, and biotechnology. Previously, he led the software development teams of Sensory and 3VR. Gordy is a named inventor in 15 issued patents and is experienced in all phases of engineering development and . He earned his MS and Ph.D. in Aeronautics and Astronautics from Stanford.
- Uday Bawa (Sales and Strategy Execution) brings nearly two decades of global P&L experience growing energy and sports businesses. He has worked in B2C and B2B sales environments focusing on product sales, brand building, and generating endorsement deals for renowned Indian sports personalities. Previously, he worked in the petrochemicals industry leading the fuels business for Dorf Ketal in North America. Uday was instrumental in generating sponsorship revenues for the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi, India, and managed commercial interests and endorsement deals for Sachin Tendulkar, one of India’s greatest cricketers. He completed his bachelor’s from Symbiosis International University and an EMBA from Rice University. He is a Doon school alumnus.
- David L Evans (Accounting/Auditing/General Counsel/Board Member) is an attorney and licensed CPA in New York, with extensive experience in multistate and international tax policies and guidelines, federal tax laws and mergers & acquisitions, including valuation of closely held businesses. He is a contributing author to the New York State Tax Service. David’s prior experience includes MD for UHY Advisors LLC, board member and chairperson of the Tax Division Executive Committee of New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants and past president of the Estate Planning Council of Eastern New York. He holds degrees from Hofstra University and SUNY Buffalo.
- Tracy Metzger (Corporate Communications/PR/Board Member) started TL Metzger & Associates in 2000 as the owner and president, offering consulting and brokerage services to companies looking to purchase, sell or lease real estate in the Albany, New York, Capital District, aka Tech Valley. Tracy serves on several economic development and business boards and was Chair of the City of Albany IDA and CRC for many years. She has extensive experience as a negotiator, facilitator and in general management. Tracy has a B.A. in Political Science from SUNY Albany.
- Ian Moore (Japan/APAC Growth/Board Member) is the vice president of Silicones NCA, Wacker Chemical Corporation, covering North and Central America. Previously, he was the senior VP and GM for Momentive Performance Materials, responsible for the P&L of Silicones and Silanes Additive. Ian brings extensive cross-functional, global and multi-cultural management experience. From 2006 to 2010, he served as president & CEO EMEA of GE Bayer Silicones GmbH. Ian is a recognized innovative leader, mentor and people developer with demonstrated skills in general management, mergers & acquisitions, technology, engineering, operations and marketing. Ian completed his BS, MS and Ph.D. in chemical engineering from the University of Manchester.
- Anoop Bhatia (Growth Council Leader) is the founder and CEO of Nowigence Inc. Previously, Anoop worked as a global operations strategic transformation leader for Momentive Performance Material (Formerly GE Silicones). He has over two decades experience in various GE companies across different countries – from the United States to India, the Netherlands and Germany. He played a key role in 1996 establishing GE Silicones Private Limited as the first-ever wholly owned foreign subsidiary in India and was subsequently transferred to Europe to be part of GE’s global business team in the early days of globalization. Since then, he has held progressively responsible global positions across different functions. Anoop brings a wealth of experience in global business operations, mergers & acquisitions, finance, sales and marketing and complex negotiations. He received his Bachelor of Engineering in Chemical Engineering from BITS at Pilani, India, and his post-graduate in management from Heriot-Watt at Edinburgh in Scotland.
Marketing Technology News: Teads Appoints Karen Wang as Managing Director, Canada