Accelerated Adoption of CTV Advertising Fuels Momentum for 2022 Growth
Beachfront, the industry’s only convergent TV advertising platform today announced it has continued record performance in 2021, with 25% year-over-year new customer growth on the company’s platform. This exceptional growth further demonstrates the significant and growing need for ad monetization solutions that bridge the needs of both linear and connected TV (CTV) environments.
Beachfront’s CTV publisher accounts in particular grew 36% year-over-year. Similarly, CTV’s share of spend within the company’s platform grew to more than 80% in 2021, as media buyers ramped investments in the rapidly-growing medium amid increasing viewership. Usage of Beachfront’s Unified Decisioning technology also grew six-fold in 2021 (as measured by impression volume), with more programmer and publisher clients adopting the solution to unify their connected TV ad mediation across direct-sold and programmatic sales.
Marketing Technology News: BlueBarricade signs IBM Mainframe agreement with HCL Technologies to Support new blockchain and AI…
With such growth in new customers and platform adoption, Beachfront also increased its headcount 20% in 2021, with plans to increase an additional 45% in 2022. The company invested across every area of the business including engineering, product, sales and marketing. Most recently, Beachfront hired Katie Long as the Head of Demand and Amit Nigam joined the firm as the new Vice President of Product.
“2021 was a challenging year for TV media owners and advertisers as the industry continued to find its footing in the CTV landscape,” said Chris Maccaro, CEO of Beachfront. “We spent a lot of time and resources developing solutions that simplify ad monetization and operations across all TV platforms. Our continued focus is to provide advertisers with solutions that power greater automation and addressability in their TV ad buying, while enabling publishers and programmers to drive stronger revenue for their inventory.”
Over the past year, Beachfront has achieved several milestones, and introduced new integrations, partnerships, and technologies into the market:
- OAR Certification: Having met the technology specifications of the Open Addressable Ready (OAR) consortium, Beachfront received certification from VIZIO for successfully enabling linear addressable TV campaigns. The certification was granted on the heels of Beachfront successfully completing a glass-level addressable TV ad execution with VIZIO across 125 broadcast DMAs and more than 3 million VIZIO Connected TVs.
- Integration with Viant: Beachfront integrated its premium linear and connected TV inventory into Viant’s Adelphic advertising software, enabling Viant’s brands and agencies to plan and automate linear and CTV advertising campaigns.
- Self-Service Deal Management Platform: Beachfront introduced a new, self-service deal management platform, the Deals Engine, that provides Connected TV (CTV) media owners with direct, unmediated endpoint connections to leading demand-side platforms (DSPs). Available via an intuitive interface, the fully-transparent platform enables publishers and their ad operations teams to more closely control their demand facilitation efforts, while monetizing valuable first-party data assets.
- Identity Suite: Building on first-to-market support of LiveRamp RampID (formerly known as IdentityLink) for Connected TV, Beachfront expanded its identity resolution suite to include support of Unified ID 2.0, with several other integrations planned for 2022.
- Partnerships: Beachfront introduced several new partnerships in 2021, including with Audigent, Basis Technologies, Cadent, and MAZ Systems, as examples. The company also joined the HUMAN Collective as a founding member.
Marketing Technology News: Coca-Cola Launches Global Innovation Platform Coca-Cola Creations