A Substantial Chunk of 5,000 Digital Marketers Surveyed by Xaxis Are Inclined to Invest More in ‘Outcome-Driven Media’
Marketers apply their best skills and experience to create digital campaigns that support business goals. In an extremely competitive environment, the marketing community leverages the best available tools and technologies to measure their work. The impact of a marketing campaign is critical to brand building and so is a healthy ROMI. Hence, marketers today want to leave no stone unturned when it comes to the desired outcome of their marketing initiatives. ‘Outcome-Driven Media’ is an emerging field and the conclusion of the Xaxis survey states that marketers want positive outcomes from their media investments. Xaxis is GroupM’s programmatic arm.
The key findings of the survey, which included 5,000 marketers in 16 booming markets all over the globe, are:
- 86% have agreed to increase their spending on ‘Outcome-Driven-Media’ in the next two years
- 79% will like to partner with companies that have already implemented this functionality
- 87% accept that they use custom KPIs to link ‘campaign impact’ to ‘business expectations’
- 80% have agreed that direct correlation is a must for digital campaigns
The survey asked marketers about their organizations’ focus for 2019 when it comes to media. These were the results:
- 48% – Increased efficiency
- 40% – Marketing campaigns in line with business goals
- 37% – Resource utilization
- 37% – Increased brand viewability
Currently, 86% of marketers use the below-mentioned methods for campaign measurement. They believe that the methods are not always as effective as they would like them to be.
- Cost per acquisition (CPA)
- Cost per completed view (CPCV)
- Cost per click (CPC)
- Click-through rate (CTR)
Click here to view the full report.
Recommended Read: Marketing Technology Bulletin Covering the Week Gone By