A Latest Survey from Yieldify Finds More Than One-Third of U.S. Marketers Dissatisfied With the Optimization of Their Online Customer Journey
Yieldify, the customer journey optimization (CJO) company, released its first “State of CJO” report for 2018. Surveying over 200 e-commerce marketers in the U.S. and U.K., Yieldify’s report is one of the first to take a comprehensive look at how marketers in these two regions are optimizing the online customer journey.
At the time of this announcement, Jay Radia, co-founder and CEO of Yieldify, said, “We’re excited to launch our first ‘State of CJO’ report. Our survey sheds light on the increasing focus on customer journey optimization as a strategy, as well as the challenges marketers are facing with 2019 quickly approaching.”
Jay added, “Customers crave personalized experiences, and retailers with an eye to the future will recognize that there is value in optimizing the customer journey across channels to meet these needs. As brands continue to look for ways to retain and attain new customers, CJO is a key asset in their toolkit. We hope this report will act as a guide for marketers as they plan their strategies for next year.”
CJO is an evolution of Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) that takes a holistic approach to the customer experience from awareness to purchase to advocacy. Marketers implementing CJO programs recognize that there are opportunities to fine-tune and personalize the experience for customers at every touchpoint, with seamless integration across channels.
Currently, Yieldify makes it easy for e-commerce businesses to deliver customer journeys that convert, through a combination of smart and simple technology and expert strategy.
The survey’s purpose is threefold: understand where marketers are currently focusing their efforts, the challenges they face, and the investments they plan to make in 2019. While the survey came to a number of conclusions, key findings include —
- More than half of respondents are currently focusing more than 60 percent of their effort on acquiring new customers rather than retaining existing ones.
- More than 70 percent of marketers believe they have a good understanding of the customer journey, but they are not confident when it comes to optimizing this journey across channels.
- Over 59 percent of marketers use customer feedback to optimize their customer journey efforts. While more than 66 percent believe this is the easiest tactic to implement, nearly 35 percent marked Artificial Intelligence (AI) or machine learning as the most difficult.
- Overall, 48 percent of marketers said they do not have enough time or resources to implement new strategies.
- For 2019, 53 percent of marketers will continue to leverage customer feedback, while personalization platforms will increase in use, with 33 percent of marketers looking to implement these data-driven strategies.
Currently, Yieldify makes it easy for e-commerce businesses to deliver customer journeys that convert, through a combination of smart and simple technology and expert strategy. The company has delivered over 200,000 campaigns for over 500 brands on more than 1,000 websites globally, including both growing businesses and the world’s most recognizable brands, including Marks and Spencer, Domino’s Pizza and L’Oreal.