The Onion’s Mike McAvoy, CNN’s Mel Robbins, and New York Times Best-Selling Author Bob Goff join the likes of Google’s Daniel Sieberg, Voicera’s Cory Treffiletti, Mel Robbins, Jay Acunzo of the ‘Unthinkable’ Podcast and Others
Emma, a provider of best-in-class marketing software and services, is hosting its fourth annual Marketing United Conference. This is the most anticipated marketing event of the year! What with world-class speakers, hands-on learning, and an unbeatable venue in Nashville, Marketing United Conference is set to be your best bet for getting better at your job in 2018.
The conference will take place April from 9 to 11, 2018 at the Country Music Hall of Fame, Nashville. And this year’s theme, “Tell Your Story,” is said to help equip marketers with best practices for getting the most out of social, video, content, brand, email and more.
While Day One will be a welcome party that will help participants break the ice, Day Two is when the fun begins. After the Opening Remarks by Wellford Dillard, CEO, Emma, award-winning author and columnist Kindra Hall will be speaking about ‘The irresistible power of strategic storytelling’. This will be followed by ‘Going Digital: Effective Storytelling in the Age of Social Media’, an address by Arun Chaudhary, official White House videographer for ex-president Barack Obama.
Cynthia Price, vice president of marketing at Emma, added, “This speaker lineup is an absolute marketing dream team, and I can’t wait to see what happens when they all take the stage. We’re also lucky to have a terrific venue like the Country Music Hall of Fame right in our backyard as the home for Marketing United. It’s a place that combines Nashville’s rich history and creative spirit with some of the most stunning views of the city.”
Some of the interesting sessions include:
- Satire in a World of Fake News – The Onion’s Mike McAvoy will discuss how satire is the cure for making consumers smarter and holding media organizations accountable for publishing the best journalism.
- The 5 Second Rule – Achieve Breakthrough Performance in Your Career & Life- CNN legal analyst Mel Robbins will explore the science-backed secret to change: the power of five-second decisions.
- Choosing to Love Audaciously – Bob Goff, author of the New York Times best-selling book “Love Does,” will connect with audiences in a powerfully inspirational yet down to earth manner. He’ll inspire attendees to stop simply dreaming about change and start doing it.
- Why A.I. Voice Is the Future of Branded Communications – Voicera CMO Cory Treffiletti will speak about how regardless of industry, every brand is driven by the same thing: their customers. And thanks to ongoing advancements in technology, artificial intelligence is emerging as a powerful vehicle for marketers to better serve their customers.
- The Battle for the Inbox: How to Stop Bad Email Once and for All – Colby Cavanaugh, SVP of Marketing, Emma, will get tactical and cover ways to boost subscriber engagement including Segmentation, Design, and Automation.
Other conference highlights include sessions and keynotes by:
- Jay Acunzo, host, “Unthinkable” podcast
- Travis Wright and Stewart Rogers, hosts of VentureBeat’s VB Engage podcast
- Allen Gannett, Founder and CEO, Trackmaven
- Chris Sietsema, Digital Marketing Consultant, Teach to Fish Digital
- Daniel Sieberg, Senior Marketing Manager, Google
- Paul Beck, CMO, storybooth
- Aaron Dun, SVP Marketing, SnapApp
“We were blown away by the response to the first Marketing United. It really became a rallying point for marketers who want to get better at what they do and who share our view that great marketing starts with being genuinely helpful to your customers. Marketing United is a big part of our commitment to the broader marketing community and a natural extension of our belief that we do our best work when we do it together,” said Clint Smith, co-founder and CEO of Emma.
Marketing United 2016 also offers an opportunity for attendees to give back through an interactive, virtual reality experience with Emma customer charity: water, a nonprofit whose mission is to bring clean drinking water to every person on the planet.