The AI gap in Europe is adding to the digital gap in the continent. McKinsey report says that according to its current assets and digital position in the world, Europe could add some €2.7 trillion, or 20 % to its combined economic output by 2030 if it embraces AI the way the US does it. On one side, previous-generation tools are being used rampantly. On the other side, Europe is home to many pundits in AI. MarTechSeries introduces you to the 10 most popular AI influencers from Europe who can inspire people and policymakers alike and help transform the world.
1. Spiros Margaris is the founder of Switzerland-based Margaris Ventures. The FinTech influencer, in his twitter, identifies him to be a global citizen. He consistently figures out in the list of top influencers.
AI equal with human experts
in #medical diagnosis, study finds https://t.co/jgsJZLN1yt #fintech #insurtech #healthcare #AI #ArtificialIntelligence #MachineLearning #DeepLearning @NicolaKSDavis @guardian @ahier @sallyeaves @pierrepinna @psb_dc @HaroldSinnott @andi_staub pic.twitter.com/ei75iqi6Il
— Spiros Margaris (@SpirosMargaris) September 25, 2019
2. Nathan Benaich is the founder of Air Street Capital. He is a venture partner of Berlin-based Point Nine Capital.
📽️RAAIS is a community of entrepreneurs and researchers focused on the science and applications of #AI technology. Learn more from @labgeni_us, @RecursionPharma, @UberEng, @graphcoreai, @SambaNovaAI.
👉Join us at #RAAIS2020: https://t.co/Pdau536fpf
cc @Roldiesel @CooleyLLP pic.twitter.com/GOfB6sx1k1
— Nathan Benaich (@NathanBenaich) September 24, 2019
3. Shakir Mohamed is a Research Scientist in ML and AI at Deepmind.AI and operates from the UK.
Really excited to share our latest paper in @nature today on machine learning for health data to make early predictions of acute kidney injury. Has been an amazing journey over the last 2 years and with an amazing set of people. https://t.co/NUCHW2EBVk pic.twitter.com/XhMhdjArCb
— Shakir Mohamed (@shakir_za) July 31, 2019
4. Christine Boursin is the Regional Development Delegate of Groupelaposte and the Vice-President of FondationFACE 44, France.
— Christine Boursin 🌐 (@chboursin) September 25, 2019
5. Ipfconline is a super active twitter handle run by IPFC online, a France-based web design training and Information Technology consulting firm.
Generative Adversarial Networks: The Tech Behind DeepFake and FaceApphttps://t.co/P2VwbE9EkI v/ @IntEngineering#AI #DeepLearning
Cc @MikeQuindazzi @delizalde @Shirastweet @TopCyberNews pic.twitter.com/h79tcjCTSt
— ipfconline (@ipfconline1) September 25, 2019
6. Murray Shanahan: Professor at Imperial College London and Senior Research Scientist at DeepMind.
— Murray Shanahan (@mpshanahan) September 6, 2019
7. Alex J Champandard is an Artificial Intelligence expert, Deep Learning and ML Researcher. He Co-Founded Creative AI and he is also the Director of NUCL.ai touted to be the largest worldwide event about Artificial Intelligence in Creative Industries interactive media, simulations and digital entertainment.
When simulation environments look so cute, it's more difficult for the public to imagine the technology applied to military drones searching for targets to destroy. https://t.co/R24KZ8LvAq
— Alex J. Champandard (@alexjc) September 18, 2019
8. Andreas K Maier is a professor at Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany. He is into Pattern Recognition, Machine learning, and Medical imaging.
The newest results from our @ERC_Research project on #KnownOperatorLearning was just published in @NatMachIntell. You can use this link to access the article #free (no #paywall):https://t.co/HdDc9jS0Mi@GaryMarcus @SpirosMargaris @FAU_Germany @SpringerNature @BVM_Community pic.twitter.com/ti1ELnlS7P
— Andreas K. Maier (@maier_ak) August 27, 2019
The connected car has evolved in distinct stages, or phases, over the last few decades that show advances in both technology and the ecosystem in which that technology functions. Link >> https://t.co/cQV0ZWnyjT @DeloitteInsight v @antgrasso #ConnectedCars #IoT #AutonomousVehicles pic.twitter.com/BLs87O2PFq
— Antonio Grasso (@antgrasso) September 25, 2019
10. Thomas Wolf is a Specialist in Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, and Computational Linguistics. He leads a Science team under the banner of Hugging Face which based out of the US and Paris.
Three years ago I built this magic sandbox for my son's birthday.
Looking back, I realize that it was actually the beginning of my transition from being a lawyer back to computer science. pic.twitter.com/zl23EaiCdm
— Thomas Wolf (@Thom_Wolf) September 13, 2019
Following some of these opinion leaders on Twitter and other social media platforms is the best way to keep yourselves in sync with the AI technologies that are going to affect your life and lifestyle.