New data from the leading marketing automation provider reveals businesses are accelerating growth by automating their sales and customer experiences, not only during the peak holiday season, but year-round
ActiveCampaign, the leader in marketing automation, gathered data trends from its platform to show how businesses capitalized on this year’s Black Friday weekend. Compared to Black Friday weekend 2021, ActiveCampaign customers sent 50% more emails and automated experiences during the same time period this year. Its customers are also now processing, on average, more than 1 billion automation actions every day. Powered by ActiveCampaign’s leading marketing and sales automation, email marketing and transactional email solutions, growing businesses are winning more customers than ever before.
ActiveCampaign has helped customers orchestrate 200 billion customer experiences so far this year, allowing growing businesses to respond to and help customers faster. Not only are businesses doubling down on automation to improve the customer experience, but the revenue they are gaining from these improved experiences speaks volumes. ActiveCampaign customers recovered 128% more orders from abandoned carts during Black Friday Weekend 2022 compared to 2021, pointing to the trust these brands have developed with customers and exceptional experiences they have created. Consumers have noticed and rewarded them by completing their purchases.
Marketing Technology News: REAL Messenger Welcomes New Chief Data Officer Kamal Shaik
- Small Business Saturday won Black Friday Weekend: Small Business Saturday had the highest increase in recovered orders at 134%, pointing to the success small businesses had with utilizing automations and tools in the ActiveCampaign platform, such as its abandoned cart tool, new product arrival automation recipes and transactional email automations. Of the three days, Small Business Saturday also had the highest YoY increase in total completed orders (7%) and recovered order total revenue (143%).
- Black Friday sales may be cooling slightly: Total completed orders increased just slightly (3%), but completed order total revenue decreased 7% and revenue per order decreased 10%. Retail experts are inferring that consumers are being more conscious this holiday season and retailers are offering larger discounts than year’s past.
- The Sunday after Small Business Saturday is the new Friday: Interestingly, total recovered orders on the Sunday after Small Business Saturday increased 197% from last year and recovered order total revenue increased 171%, pointing to consumers mulling their purchases over for a few more days this year, before purchasing.
Expert Comment on 2022 Black Friday Weekend Trends
“Competition is higher than ever this year when it comes to fighting for consumer loyalty and breaking through the noise to earn their business this holiday season,” said Jason VandeBoom, founder and CEO of ActiveCampaign. “That’s why it’s important to exceed customer experience expectations not just this time of year, but consistently, to earn their trust year-round. Consumers have come to expect a certain amount of personalization in brand messages so it’s important to use automation to take experiences past expectations, creating wow at the moments that matter.”
Marketing Technology News: Accelerating Digital Transformation: Simple Solutions for Complex Problems