Five9, Inc., a leading provider of cloud contact center software, today reported results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2021.
Marketing Technology News: MarTech Interview with Rob van Nuenen, Co-founder & CEO at Channable
Third Quarter 2021 Financial Results
- Revenue for the third quarter of 2021 increased 38% to a record $154.3 million, compared to $112.1 million for the third quarter of 2020.
- GAAP gross margin was 56.5% for the third quarter of 2021, compared to 58.5% for the third quarter of 2020.
- Adjusted gross margin was 64.1% for the third quarter of 2021, compared to 65.4% for the third quarter of 2020.
- GAAP net loss for the third quarter of 2021 was $(20.5) million, or $(0.30) per basic share, compared to GAAP net loss of $(11.4) million, or $(0.17) per basic share, for the third quarter of 2020.
- Non-GAAP net income for the third quarter of 2021 was $20.0 million, or $0.28 per diluted share, compared to non-GAAP net income of $18.5 million, or $0.27 per diluted share, for the third quarter of 2020.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the third quarter of 2021 was $27.4 million, or 17.8% of revenue, compared to $24.1 million, or 21.5% of revenue, for the third quarter of 2020.
- GAAP operating cash flow for the third quarter of 2021 was $(4.8) million, compared to GAAP operating cash flow of $22.8 million for the third quarter of 2020.
“We are pleased to report strong results for the third quarter. Revenue grew 38% year-over-year to a record $154.3 million, which continues to be driven by our Enterprise business, as evidenced by LTM Enterprise subscription revenue which grew by 51% year-over-year. Our performance for the quarter underscores the strength of our platform and the value we deliver to customers seeking to modernize and transform their contact centers. We have differentiated our platform by building a leadership position in AI-driven automation around customer experience and remain confident in the durability of our growth powered by market momentum, continued product innovation, and our go-to-market machine.”
– Rowan Trollope, CEO, Five9
Five9 provides guidance based on current market conditions and expectations. Five9 emphasizes that the guidance is subject to various important cautionary factors referenced in the section entitled “Forward-Looking Statements” below, including risks and uncertainties associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- For the full year 2021, Five9 expects to report:
- Revenue in the range of $600.5 to $601.5 million.
- Non-GAAP net income per share in the range of $1.09 to $1.10, assuming diluted shares outstanding of approximately 71 million.
- For the fourth quarter of 2021, Five9 expects to report:
- Revenue in the range of $164.5 to $165.5 million.
- Non-GAAP net income per share in the range of $0.36 to $0.37, assuming diluted shares outstanding of approximately 72 million.
With respect to Five9’s guidance as provided above, Five9 has not reconciled its expectations as to non-GAAP net income per share to GAAP net loss per share because stock-based compensation, one-time integration costs, and contingent consideration expense cannot be reasonably calculated or predicted at this time. Accordingly, a reconciliation is not available without unreasonable effort.
Marketing Technology News: BEN Group Fuels New Business and Technology Developments as Content Production and Consumption Soar