Why Email Marketing matters
Email marketing is the act of sending emails to multiple recipients for commercial purposes. It is an integral component of a B2B marketer’s agenda for leveraging sales and attracting consumer engagement.
Email marketing is the most cost-effective marketing tool. It is convenient to manage and establishes direct contact with customers. According to the Direct Marketing Association, email marketing on an average sees a 4300 percent ROI for businesses in the US.
The advantages of emails in the communication channel include email being personal, purposeful, targeted and one-on-one.
What Does Personalization For Email Marketing Mean?
The key to email marketing success is personalization. Studies show that personalization for email marketing generates higher ROI than non-personalized ones. The growing evidence shows that the results of personalization do matter to email recipients. It has been proven to drive revenue up by as much as 760%, since it helps marketers in giving their subscribers more individualized relevant content.
The days of one-size-fits-all messaging have been completely scrapped. Today, audience segmentation is intense, specific and works across multi-channel platforms in real-time.
Segmentation Strategies for Email Marketing
MailChimp’s latest data shows that segmented campaigns get 14.64% more opens and 59.99% more clicks than non-segmented campaigns. Email marketing segmentation includes data segmentation by demographics, surveys, email engagement, and geography, past purchases, customer expense history, website behavior, personal interests and sales funnel positions.
Email Marketing Personalization for Marketing Campaigns
According to Ad Age, “When asked to prioritize one capability that will be most important to marketing in the future, 33% of marketers answered ‘Personalization’.”
Your email marketing efforts can be leveraged in 3 steps:
- Automation: Email marketing automation is about the right time and the right message content. Automation offers endless opportunities for marketers who are looking to take advantage of the email strategy. Automation aims at increasing efficiency which helps move people from the sales funnel as prospects to being active customers. The ROI from your email marketing campaigns can be significantly improved using Automation.
- CRM Integration: CRMs helps marketers organize interactions with customers in a structured way. The MarTech Industry Council stated that 45% of B2B customers consider CRM the most essential marketing technology. The use of CRM in email marketing offers a complete view of business strategies, goals and results of the marketing campaign. It increases the chances of a successful campaign and helps in understanding the target market. CRM integration could either be used as a simple tool to manage prospective customers or as a complete platform that blends email marketing, metrics and campaign automation.
- AI: Artificial Intelligence is a growing trend in the marketing technology space, and marketers are yet to discover the extent to which it can be completely leveraged. AI has the potential to improve segmentation, personalization and increase the effectiveness of email marketing campaigns. Artificial Intelligence can also help marketers in designing personalized marketing campaigns, right from the template to content optimization.
“47% of digitally mature organizations, or those that have advanced digital practices, said that have a defined AI strategy.”- Adobe.
Why Email Marketing Needs Personalization:
- According to Experian, personalization increases open rates by 26%
- Relevance is equal to revenue. Be relevant or be deleted
- Capitalizing on analytics is the key to leveraging data and personalizing engagement
Taking advantage of segmentation, automation, CRM integration and AI is crucial for a successful email marketing campaign. Introducing new marketing technologies to your personalization campaign can be complicated, but tapping into the endless stream of tech opportunities is potentially efficient.