Marketing Technology Highlights of The Week: Featuring Oracle, GumGum, Sendinblue, Semrush and more!
While email still remains a consistent channel for B2B marketers, other mediums like SMS and push notifications are gaining more traction; how are leading brands using new models to drive better online and offline experiences?
Catch more in this weekly martech highlight:
Loyalty and retention are the key to long-term success and marketers need to view retention as their growth strategy. As brand loyalty wanes, customers now seek new brands and services that fit into their re imagined routines, or “next normal.” In addition, the tightening of privacy controls has greatly increased the cost of user acquisition. Brands need to double down on direct relationships with their customers in order to stay relevant in consumers’ lives and also to stay in business.
Top MarTech News of The Week: 20th September to 24th September 2021
- After Raising $100 Million and Hitting Unicorn Status, Sendbird Hires Veteran CRO Sam Zayed to Oversee Expansion Strategy
- Oracle Announces Fusion Marketing, the First Solution to Fully Automate Lead Generation and Qualification
- AdAdapted Introduces Direct, A Self-Managed, On-Demand Mobile Shopping List and Digital Cart Advertising Solution for CPG Brands, Retailers, and Agencies
- QuickFrame Launches New Tools To Drive Greater Collaboration Between Brands and Production Companies
- Accenture to Acquire Experity to Scale its Experience and Commerce Platform Capabilities Across Latin America
- Sendinblue Acquires Three Companies for $47 Million to Expand E-Commerce Offerings for SMBs
- BDEX Partners with Snowflake to Provide Privacy Compliant Solutions for Leveraging First-Party Data
- ciValue launches Retail Media Intelligence solution
- GumGum Taps Outbrain’s Erin McCallion as Global CMO
- New Salesforce and Slack Innovations Empower Companies to Create Their Digital HQ
- Terminus Releases “MOVE,” A Modern Framework For Go-to-Market Strategies
- Streann and CatapultX Partner to Disrupt Programmatic Ads
- Brightspot Launches Partner Program to Meet Growing Demand for API-first CMS
- Optimizely Launches Data Core Service to Strengthen Digital Experience Platform
- Piano Announces New Digital Analytics Solution, Challenging Google and Adobe
- Treasure Data Survey Findings Spotlight Path to Ideal Marketing Technology Stack
- Unbounce Introduces the First Conversion Intelligence Platform, Ushering in a New Era of Digital Marketing for Small and Midsize Businesses
- Logiq Introduces Geofencing, Enabling Marketers to Customize Messaging Based Upon Context of Consumer Location
- Roku Expands Canadian Advertising Business With OneView Ad Platform
- Semrush Announces Integration with monday.com
MarTech QnA with the Expert
The question of ROI ultimately relies on how success is measured. We’re seeing a move away from some of the traditional yardsticks with which email marketing’s success would have typically been benchmarked against. Open rates are the perfect example – in so much as they don’t paint a true picture of engagement, or value, that a shopper has displayed, and when taken in isolation provide little more than a vanity metric for marketers to report on.
But by combining open rate information with additional metrics, such as page views, first party data, account log-ins, bounce rates, conversion or purchase information, this will all add up to a more comprehensive view of customer engagement and true ROI.
MarTech Articles on Video Captioning, Programmatic Messaging, Audience Targeting and more!
- How Video Captioning Tools Benefit Sales and Marketing Teams
- Diversity Isn’t Just Important, It’s Good for Your Brand
- The Importance Of Programmatic Messaging Is Rising In The Healthcare Industry
- Audience Targeting in Local Media Markets: More Than a Sum of Its Parts
- The Contextual We’re “Returning to” Isn’t the One You Remember
- The Big Mistakes Brands Are Making With Influencer Campaigns
- How do you Optimize your Top of the Funnel (ToFu) Content?
- Top Challenges and Concerns with Marketing Attribution
- Marketing Technologies that Help Drive a Better Customer Experience